As women age, factors such as pregnancy, nursing, weight gain or loss, and the effects of gravity may cause the breasts to sag. A breast lift or mastopexy is a surgical procedure that lifts and reshapes sagging breasts. To learn more about the breast lift procedure, including costs and candidacy, please schedule a consultation with Dr. Cabrera.
Ideal Breast Lift Candidate
- Women who are dissatisfied with the aesthetics of their breasts due to sagging skin and loss of breast volume.
- Women with stretched breast skin, decreased breast volume and/or enlarged areolas resulting from pregnancy, nursing, weight gain or loss, and the effects of gravity.
What to expect after breast lift
- You will wear a surgical bra following surgery for several weeks and transition to a soft sports bra.
- The swelling in your breasts may take about a month to improve.
- You should be able to return to work within a week.
- Limit strenuous activity for about 4 weeks.
- Your Boca Raton cosmetic surgeon will prescribe medication to control pain